Quick Launch-Day Thoughts on the iPhone 6
The iPhone 6 (4.7in) arrived today to replace an iPhone 5, and my initial thoughts are:
- It’s very lightweight. But it’s not as stunning as the difference between the 4S and the 5.
- The camera lens does bulge out from the back a bit. And, yes, it’s a bit weird. It takes extremely good photos though.
- Coming from an iPhone 5, the larger size is going to take some getting used to. Folks with the 5.5in iPhone 6 Plus must be risking sprained thumbs by now.
- That said, the screen looks fantastic.
- The performance is super snappy. That goes for TouchID too, which I had no experience with and am pretty impressed by.
Probably the worst complaint I have is there seems to be less speakers along the bottom, compared to the 5, and they sound a bit worse. It would have been nice if there could have been a way for Apple to move the headphone jack back to the top of the phone, and increase the size and quality of the iPhone 6 speakers.